OTA extends its gratitude to Opposition leader Hon. Pierre Poilievre for his recognition of Tamil Genocide Remembrance Day. We commend all Canadian political parties and members of parliament for their principled stance in acknowledging the Tamil Genocide and committing to ongoing support in the pursuit of justice.
We would also like to express our appreciation to the United States Congress for their proactive efforts in introducing Resolution 427 on May 18, 2023. Members of Congress participated in the commemorative event for Tamil Genocide Remembrance Day, organized in collaboration with Tamil American organizations. We anticipate that a significant number of parliamentarians from the UK, Europe, and various parts of the world will continue to undertake further initiatives to ensure the pursuit of justice.
Ottawa Tamil Association
https://ottawatamilassociation.ca/ | email@example.com
Link of Tamil Genocide Remembrance Day held in Ottawa – May 18, 2023:
1. First Tamil Genocide Remembrance Day https://twitter.com/
2. Prime Minister Rgt. Hon. Justin Trudeau on Tamil Genocide Remembrance Day https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/
3. Opposition leader Hon. Pierre Poilievre on Tamil Genocide Remembrance Day https://www.conservative.ca/
4. On 18 May, Canadian politicians across all spectrums marked Tamil Genocide Remembrance Day https://www.tamilguardian.com/
5. Res.427 encourages to pursue a referral of Sri Lanka to the International Criminal Court https://www.congress.gov/bill/